The Outfitter/Wrangler training program
This is a course designed for people who have a passion for horses and backcountry life. It involves 30 days of intense training, giving you the skills you need to be competent as a wrangler. Students will come out with national certification from select courses.
The course will be broken up into 10 day sections with 2 days off in between and will involve some field trips to the mountains.
Some courses may be omitted if the student already has the qualifications. Students also have the option to add courses from our other guide training programs if there is a particular area of interest that is not listed under this course description.
- Course Introduction/ Safety around Horses (1 day)
- Rider level 3 (Technical Riding) National Certification (7 days)
- Horse Packing (single diamond, double diamond, hobbles and highlines) (2 day)
- Wilderness First Aid (3 days)
- Bushcraft/ Survival (3 days)
- Mapping and Orienteering (1 day)
- O.C.C. (Outdoor Council of Canada group management) (2 days)
- Camp Setup/ Safety in the Back Country
- Knots and Hitches/ Plant Identification (1 day)
- Basic Hoof Care/ Risk Management ( 2 days)
- Outdoor Cooking (2 days)
- Advanced Wilderness Equine First Aid (2 days)
- Packing Refresher (Double and Single Diamond)
- Field Trip to the Mountains (2 days)
The rate for this course is $3750.00 including meals, accomodation and all certification (not including GST).