Introduction to Outdoor cooking
Outdoor cooking involves certification in food safety and handeling. This course will give good strong basics for cooking for clients in the back country, we also add some knowledge of local plants that can be used to spice up your meals.
- Food safety and handling (2 days)
- Meal planning and preparation (1/2 day)
- Edible plants in the back country (1/2 day)
- Outdoor cooking (1 1/2 days)
- Bottom of the pack cooking challenge! How creative can you get with freeze dried foods? (1/2 day)
This course is available on request. We need at least 6 participants in order to run this course. The cost is $750.00 plus G.S.T. which includes meals, and accommodation if required.